[Nepomuk] Re: sopranocmd export stdout

Ben Martin monkeyiq at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 28 04:12:17 CEST 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 09:15 +0100, Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> very willing to accept patches. :)
> Should be fairly easy to fix. I simply never though of it. IMHO it would
> make sense to default to stdout.

Cool. I'll have a dig when I get a moment & brew up a patch. might be a
many week time frame though.

For those finding this via web search, the problem I was having turned
out to be a mangled redland data store. Basically the export was just
looping data and filled up the disk completely. One downside here is
that the process then went to "D" mode, so removing the exported file
didn't free up disk as it was still open by sopranocmd.

So compression wouldn't have really fixed this one, but maybe writing to
stdout to get bzip2 would have helped with the subsequent dangling open
file issue.