[Nepomuk] Latency and file list

Artem Serebriyskiy v.for.vandal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 06:24:58 UTC 2011

http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Metadata/Nepomuk/TipsAndTricks#nepomukcmd

> a definition
>
> alias nepomukcmd="sopranocmd --socket `kde4-config --path
socket`nepomuk-socket
> --model main --nrl"
>
> which worked for me.
>
> Indeed I got a list of 24k files
>
> rd at blackbox:~$ nepomukcmd query "select ?r ?u where { ?r nie:url?u }"|grep
> file:| wc -l
> Total results: 36227
> Execution time: 00:00:00.2
> 24022
> rd at blackbox:~$
>
> In system settings, Desktop Search displays that more than 30k files are
> indexed. Does anybody know where the difference >30k vs 24k files comes
from?
I dont. May be it is files inside archvies, mail attachements. No real idea
though.

http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Development/Tutorials/Metadata/Nepomuk/AdvancedQueries
> the best description to start understanding the query langugage?
Well, I would recommend reading W3C SPARQL recomendation first,
paragraph2-prgrph5.

> > What does 'how much data' mean ? What is the mesurement unit - RDF
> > statement
>
> System Settings tells me, that I have a Nepomuk Store Size of 1.2 GB. That
> seems too much to me... I would be interested to see how these 1.2 GB
break
> down.
I haven't heard about such utility. Try asking on IRC. If there isn't one,
you may write it yourself :) It will be usefull, I suppose.
> E.g. I know that I have many images indexed, maybe I should take them
> out of the index (the tags probably come from the digikam database(?) not
even
> the files themselves).
Nope, you should not :) 1.2GB is really small on modern HDD and we are
really trying to make it be 1.2 GB of win, not waste.