[Nepomuk] Loading Baskets from the command line

Laura Dragan laura.dragan at deri.org
Tue Sep 21 12:34:56 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 21 September 2010 09:30:19 Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> Hi Amir,
>
> looks like I missed this one. So here goes.
>
> On 09/14/2010 06:50 PM, Amir Pakdel wrote:
> > The last prombems were:
> >
> >    1.
> >
> >       I havd to update Krunner Nepomuk plugin to the last version
> >
> >    2.
> >
> >       There is a /22rdfsyntaxnsmetadata/ function in /rdf/ which I had
> >       to comment out
>
> Is this something Nepomuk-related? Something that did not work or might
> need fixing from my part?
>
> > I have attached latest version of /src/nepomukintegration.h/ and
> > /src/nepomukintegration.cpp/ and I would be greateful if you could take
> > look and inform me of any error, bug or requred features.
>
> Some comments:
> - It is recommended to use KUrl(path) instead of
>   QUrl::fromLocalFile(path)
> - setProperty( "a" ) is very very wrong. :) What you want to do is
>   calling addType()
> - there is no need to add nfo:FileDataObject type manually. That is
>   already handled by strigi and Resource. The same goes for nie:url
> - nfo:fileUrl is deprecated in favor of nie:url.
> - Please do not use DC. Rather use nie:title.
> - use setLabel() instead of setProperty( NAO::prefLabel(),
>
> > Here is the updated and reformatted testing procedure:
>
> I am not sure what to do with the explanations below. Is that for manual
> testing?
>

> > Trüg, do you know why I cannot find tags?
> > Laura, what metadata do you suggest to add next?

Hi Amir,

There are some things which are not completely clear to me.
From what I see in the code, you consider a .basket as a note.
I see the basket as a container of multiple notes, each distinct instances of pimo:Note, each with it's own creation/modification times and tags. I'm not sure about the title, as I don't know if you can set the title of an individual note in any other way as through formatting in the text. And then there are the groups of notes, which I think would make sense to capture as RDF as they are structured info as well.

@nepomuk What vocabulary offers support for this kinds of containers of Things already?
As a last resort, you could even make up your own small vocabulary for it.

Cheers,
Laura