[Nepomuk] Brainstorming: Metadata Sharing

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 17:43:56 CEST 2010

Well, it was just an idea that came into my mind, and I'm not an guru in
semantic desktop stuff, so everything I write it might be wrong or
useless ;)
I was just suggesting to represent resources/relations coming from a
different contact with a different syntax in order to allow to retrieve
its origin easily and to avoid uri conflicts.

Anyway:

On 06/29/2010 04:24 PM, Artem Serebriyskiy wrote:
> 1) What relations should be copied ?

I was thinking about copying all the relations... This was because
yesterday vHanda told me on IRC something about metadata "backup"
Anyway it might be a bed idea to copy everything from every contact!

> 2) May be I understand your idea wrong, but it seemes useless for me - even
> the resource type is a relation.

Yeah, probably you are right, let's say in #2 you save locally only the
results of some query (or queries with a degree of complexity at your
choice) and you can use just those results locally, or query the remote
host for more relations

> 3) Then we should execute query in every available remote host?

Well that's the idea...
Or the query can be limit just to some selected contacts.
Or you could also allow every contact of yours to execute the same query
in every contact in his buddy list, creating a sort of peer to peer
network of knowledge (like you suggested in another mail :) )
And results should be cached locally to be able to use offline, so #2
and #3 become the same thing...

Cheers,
 Daniele