[Nepomuk] Brainstorming: Metadata Sharing

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 12:21:20 CEST 2010

On 06/28/2010 09:12 PM, Vishesh Handa wrote:
>> > Because, as I understood, the RDF repository is going to be exposed
>> > through HTTP, so you could connect to anyone's repository and just
>> > insert their address in the graph metadata of the statements you store
>> > locally.
>> >
> No, I don't think we should expose it via HTTP. ( Might be problematic )
> There is a project in the playground called nsqd (Nepomuk Social Query
> Daemon ), which does something similar. I'll take a look at it.

As this is a brainstorming I'll propose a crazy idea that just came to
my mind working on telepathy kioslave :)

Each remote resource could be stored locally using some uri like
  telepathy:/contact/<name>/nepomuk/<resource>
or
  nepomuk:/telepathy/contact/<name>/<resource>

Queries implying a resource like that could contact the remote nepomuk
storage and execute both a local query using that address and a remote
query just changing the resource name to "nepomuk:/<resource>"

Cheers,
 Daniele