[Nepomuk] Issues with non persistent filesystems/mounts and Nepomuk

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Tue Jun 15 11:50:48 CEST 2010

I suppose a solution would be to remember the mount and check if it is
mounted before removing metadata or returning results.
Thus, we would handle two situations:
1. removable media like usb keys and the like which will result in
filex:// URLs
2. "persistent" mounts or whatever you want to call it, i.e. those that
are always mounted at the same path and thus, do not need filex:/ handling.

The question is: how to decide if it is a "persistent" or a removable
mount.
Any ideas?

BTW: there is no "nepomuk:/ vs. filex:/" issue since the latter is used
as nie:url values, meaning if anything there is a "file:/ vs. filex:/"
issue. :)