[Nepomuk] Part of the KDE-(Multimedia)-Meeting in Switzerland?

Evgeny Egorochkin phreedom.stdin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 00:21:11 CET 2010

В сообщении от Понедельник 25 января 2010 00:13:59 автор Mario Fux написал:
> > sorry for the late reply. I would love attend and added myself to the
> > doodle.
>
> We still need your travel information:
> http://community.kde.org/Multimedia/Sprint2010
>
> Nobody else interested? A separate small Nepomuk sprint?!?

Being responsible for nepomuk ontologies, I'm  definitely interested.

However, it looks like it's going to be a major hassle to get a Swiss visa for
me because I live in Ukraine: tons of papers, undefined processing time, need
to travel to and live for several days(or travel several times) in a city
800km away, non-refundable visa fee etc...

All this makes me want to rather have a vacation in a friendly place like
Thailand and use irc and email instead :/

> > On Wednesday 09 December 2009 16:41:42 Mario Fux wrote:
> > > Good morning
> > >
> > > As probably some of you heart Mark Kretschmann, Myriam Schweingruber
> > > and me are organizing a KDE Multimedia Meeting in a small village
> > > called Randa [1] in Switzerland. Personally this is the second KDE
> > > meeting I organize. In September 2009 I already was responsible for the
> > > Plasma meeting Tokamak3 [2].
> > >
> > > But this time we need a bigger house and so our decision was to
> > > register a big house there [3]. The downside (not really ;-) is that we
> > > need to be at least 40-50 people. We already widended the group of
> > > interested people to the KDE Education und Games projects (they use
> > > multimedia as well).
> > >
> > > And now it's your take. We would like to invite you as well because
> > > their is some overlap with multimedia and Nepomuk as well. Especially
> > > the amarok people would be happy to have you there (and me as well
> > > because I'm very much interested in semantic stuff and hope to finally
> > > setup my development enviroment and play a bit with nepomuk but that's
> > > for another mail).
> > >
> > > What do you think? Would you be interested to share the infrastructure
> > > and see the beautiful and inspiring surrounding? If yes please go to
> > > the doodle page and tell us your preferred dates [4].
> > >
> > > And if there are any other questions just ask because I'm subscribed to
> > > the list.
> > >
> > > Thx and greets from Switzerland
> > > Mario
> > >
> > > [1] http://www.randa.ch