[Nepomuk] Strigi and powersave

Alessandro Sivieri alessandro.sivieri at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 12:43:31 CET 2010

Another question: finally, with RC1 I have polished my installation and
Strigi is working (remember, Sebastian, that I wrote you reporting some
problems probably before Christmas?); the weird thing is that my computer
becomes usable only after, say, five minutes after booting: before that
moment, everything is heavily slowed down, even if the only process running
(according to "top") is virtuoso, around 15% of the CPU.

So I have stopped and started the whole Nepomuk infrastructure, and looks
like the system is slowed while the following function is executed:

bool Soprano::Virtuoso::DatabaseConfigurator::updateIndexes(const QString&)
"GPOS,GSPO,OPGS,OPSG,POGS,POSG,SPOG"

Does it makes sense? I'm on a computer with 2.8 GB of
.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data dimension...

--
Sivieri Alessandro
alessandro.sivieri at gmail.com
http://www.chimera-bellerofonte.eu/