[Nepomuk] Media support

Evgeny Egorochkin phreedom.stdin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 09:35:04 CET 2010

Hi guys,

I think I have resolved all major issue with FFMPEG media analyzer in
libstreamanalyzer, and it's good for testing.

>>>How to test:

># rdfindexer <file/dir>

and check output for:

FFMPEG dump, similar to

Input #0, avi, from 'filename':
  Duration: 01:20:57.68, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1200 kb/s
    Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 576x320 [PAR 1:1 DAR 9:5], 29,97 tbr,
29,97 tbn, 29,97 tbc
    Stream #0.1: Audio: mp3, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, s16, 64 kb/s

Compare the dump to the one generated by:
># ffmpeg -i <file>

to see if any information is missing.

Check rdfindexer output to see if any of data is absent or broken.

>>> Stream properties ontology

At this moment, I'm a bit uncertain if NFO bits of media ontology are good
enough. Does it make too hard to extract say audio bitrate and picture
dimensions of a video? Are there problems with representing MP3 as nfo:Audio,
while video becomes a container?

--
Evgeny