Help needed to test new virtual keyboard behavior

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 17:05:41 UTC 2012

Hello folks,

 I pushed a commit which tries to fix a misbehavior of current virtual keyboard implementation.

This commit tries to guess if the keyboard is visible and if the user push back key it will hide

the keyboard instead to close the application. Unfortunately I have only HTC devices and I

don't know if the fix will work on all devices, so I need your help to test the fix on as many

devices is possible.

What and how to test:
 - first make sure you are using alpha4 branch ( make sure it has this e9a044 commit).

 - compile alpha4 branch (make sure you are compiling the jars as well, "make QtJar" will

do that job) .
 - create a small testing qt app with a few edit controls (something similar with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX157pS64BA ).
 - use QtCreator to compile and to push the new libs to device.
The expected behavior:
 - if the keyboard is not visible and back key is pressed the application should close immediately.
 - if the keyboard is visible and back key is pressed (only once), it should only close the keyboard,
if you press it again the application should close immediately.
 - if you hide the keyboard (HTC devices has a small button on the bottom left corner) and then you

press the back button, the application should close immediately.
Please reply to this thread with your results, please also specify what devices you used.

Any help is very appreciated !

Cheers,
BogDan.