Marble - Name of states appearing late

ll luetje.loehden at hamburg.de
Fri Dec 29 20:05:48 GMT 2023

Dear Marble team,
first of all: THANK YOU!
I am appreciating very much what you have developed.

May I ask this, though?
I have been looking for a possibility to look at political maps just like the one offered by Marble. Just to see where each country is and what the nabourings coutries are.
Now I find that the names of some states are appearing only after I have zoomed in a lot and then lost the overview.
When I zoom out again, I am gaining overview but loosing the display of the names of states - although there is plenty of room for displaying them.
Examples: Niger, Chad, Benin, Togo.
See the screenshot below.

Does Marble offer a possibility for tuning/configuring/adjusting the zoom level at which names of states are appearing?

I am aware that the geographical data are from openstreetmap, so there might not be such a possibility. But maybe there is?…

Thanks for considering my question,
with kind regards,
Lütje Löhden
Berlin, Germany