[Marble-devel] Unable to use Natural Earth downloaded maps

Dennis Nienhüser earthwings at gentoo.org
Fri Dec 13 19:34:59 UTC 2013

Hi Shriramana,

first of, thanks for reporting this problem. Too many of such things get
unnoticed because people assume someone else will report/fix them.

The naturalearth-*.zip files were indeed missing, I added them now.

When the manual installation fails, I suspect that either permissions
are wrong (unlikely to happen cause you'd have to extract as a different
user or via sudo) or the files ended up in a wrong directory. Marble
expects the extraction to happen in ~/.local/share/marble/maps/ (the
$planet/$themename/ structure is part of the .tar.gz/.zip).

Regards,
Dennis