[Marble-devel] DeclarativeDataPlugin and QML data layers

Dennis Nienhüser earthwings at gentoo.org
Tue Oct 9 07:10:59 UTC 2012

Hi Anton,

Am 09.10.2012 08:51, schrieb Anton Chernov:
> Hello Dennis!
> Unfortunately, our Marble-based project was postponed. But now I'm
> coming back. Please advise me some about Marble development process.
> 1. Does sok-2012-plasma-active branch cloesed?

Not yet, though commits to it stalled in the last weeks.

> 2. Are you going to merge it to master?

Yes, hopefully soon, together with the remaining GSOC changes. We'll
have a big merge (tm) in the next weeks to have the remaining GSOC and
SOK changes become part of the next release. Soft feature freeze is in
two weeks already, so it'll happen pretty soon.

> 3. What about declarative features?
>
> Could you also give me your ideas about dataChanged() signal handling
> in DeclarativeDataPlugin. I need this functionality and I'm going to
> develop it asap, but it's a complicated problem because we have to
> types of data sources (QObject and QAbstractListModel). May be you
> have any ideas and we can discuss it.
>
> Best regards,
> Anton Chernov

You mean a dataChanged() signal to be emitted when the data of the
QObject or QAbstractListModel based data source changes? The plugin
could connect the appropriate signals of the data source (e.g.
rowsInserted of a QAbstractListModel) to that signal.

Regards,
Dennis