[Marble-devel] Marble runners as Plasma runners (was: Re: Showing/editing the coord in bookmark editor; GeoDataCoordinates::fromString vs. toString; coordinates edit widget)

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Thu Sep 15 08:43:55 UTC 2011

On Thursday, 15. September 2011 00:38:11 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Lundi, le 12 septembre 2011, à 07:53, vous avez écrit:

Hi,

> Has anybody ever tried/worked on integrating the Marble runners with the
> Plasma runners?
> So if you enter something to the Plasma thingie which looks
> like an address or coordinates you get the option to start a marble
> instance and get the marble Search field filled with the data and the
> search executed already? Or have also the geo bookmarks matched and
> automatically shown up in a new/running marble instance?

I think that feature has been waiting all the time for you so that you
implement it. Give it some love! ;-)

Seriously: I think MarbleRunners (and we have lots of them already) would go
pretty well with Plasma Runners. So providing these now would instantly
provide lots of added value to Plasma.

BR,
Torsten