[Marble-devel] Re: Plasma Addons build breakage - Marble wallpaper

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Wed May 18 10:22:40 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 18 May 2011 05:50:29 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mailing both lists as i'm not sure where the maintainer for this
> component is. Currently, using both Marble master and Plasma Addons
> master, I am unable to build Plasma Addons due to the following
> compilation failure:
>
> [ 93%] Building CXX object
> wallpapers/marble/CMakeFiles/plasma_wallpaper_marble.dir/marble.o
> /home/ben/kdesvn/kdeplasma-addons/wallpapers/marble/marble.cpp: In
> member function ‘virtual void Marble::MarbleWallpaper::init(const
> KConfigGroup&)’:
> /home/ben/kdesvn/kdeplasma-addons/wallpapers/marble/marble.cpp:116:16:
> error: ‘class Marble::MarbleMap’ has no member named ‘zoomView’
> /home/ben/kdesvn/kdeplasma-addons/wallpapers/marble/marble.cpp: In
> member function ‘virtual void
> Marble::MarbleWallpaper::wheelEvent(QGraphicsSceneWheelEvent*)’:
> /home/ben/kdesvn/kdeplasma-addons/wallpapers/marble/marble.cpp:211:16:
> error: ‘class Marble::MarbleMap’ has no member named ‘zoomViewBy’
> /home/ben/kdesvn/kdeplasma-addons/wallpapers/marble/marble.cpp:212:25:
> error: ‘class Marble::MarbleMap’ has no member named ‘zoom’
>
> It looks like a change on the Marble side might have broken things
> somehow, can someone please take a look?
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

Hi Ben,

I reported this yesterday to Marble-devel and I think they thought I was the
wallpaper plugin maintainer which I am not. I don't know if there is a
maintainer as such.
In any case it would make sense for Marble developers to pass on Marble
related changes in other part of KDE code using lxr.kde.org for example. This
is how it's usually done in KDE.

Action should be taken as tomorrow is the first beta tagging. I do not have the
proper knowledge to fix it unfortunately.

Best regards,

Anne-Marie