[Marble-devel] Public Transport Routing

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 13:51:51 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 15:33, Florian Eßer <f.esser at rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are there any plans for some kind of public transport routing yet?
>
> I guess it should be possible to somehow hook up a Marble routing
> request with the PublicTransport engine [1]. Like having routing
> profiles for car, bicycle, pedestrian etc., there would be a public
> transport profile.
> This would be especially interesting for Marble Touch.
yeah, very interesting topic. But complicated - how to map the öpnv
relations with the time tables? How to get live data for more than
just one provider?

I think nothing of that should be implemented in marble directly -
just as with other routers. As Dennis said monav might be a good
option to work with...

Niko