[Marble-devel] Routing profile configuration

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 21:45:54 CEST 2010

Hello,

> please excuse the late reply, been traveling all week.
no problem at all - thanks a lot for the review!

> Great work :-) I added some comments to gitorious, also synced the marble
> git clone.
fixed them...

> One runtime problem I'm having is that if a plugin has no config widget and
> I include it in a profile, its inclusion is not remembered upon a restart of
> Marble. E.g. I made a "Monav only" profile where only monav was checked, but
> upon a restart none was included. Same for gosmore.
oh, true. I fixed it.

>> Especially the way I implemented the API for template settings
>> (RunnerPlugin::templateSettings())
>>

> Looks fine to me.
good, I renamed hasTemplateSettings to supportsTemplate tough - as it
doesn't need
to have settings.

> I don't like the LastTemplate enum value too much though. I see that it is
> convenient to enumerate over the enum values, but it looks a bit hackish and
> forces you to check for this "invalid" enum value everywhere.
Ok, got your point - do you have an alternative suggestion?

> I wonder whether there should be another template "Car (ecological)" for eco
> routing (minimizing fuel consumption). Right now we don't have any router
> for it, but I think it makes sense to prepare for it. It would also be a
> test case to verify that if no runner plugin can handle a template, it
> shouldn't be shown to the user.
I added that.

>> After that I would merge into svn if that's ok for you.
>> How should that be done?
>> - as one large commit
>> - keeping the git history (how to do that?)
>>

> Sounds good to me.
Great :D

But one thing is missing: QT_ONLY support.
(see my other mail regarding the crash I get with that)

Niko