[Marble-devel] Re: Marble Sprint (Nov. 5-7): Hotel booking

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 4 23:11:49 CEST 2010

On Monday 04 October 2010 10:58:35 Torsten Rahn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> People who would like to participate in the Marble Sprint and haven't
> booked their hotel please get in touch with Claudia Rauch as soon as
> possible (ideally until tomorrow) so that Claudia can arrange a hotel
> booking for the whole group.
>
> If you'd like to participate and if you haven't entered your name in the
> wiki yet, please do it as soon as possible:
>
> http://community.kde.org/Multimedia/MarbleWeekend
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Torsten

Hey Torsten,

I might be able to get to this, would there be time or interest in discussing
things like:

1) How to implement my much wanted Country / Timezone vector maps with ability
to select / highlight the Country / Timezone and all the things that will make
possible.
2) A simple geopicker widget for using in kdelibs/kdepimlibs/kdebase things
like the time zone widget, holiday region widget, and locale kcm.
3) Possibly sharing common code with KCalendarSystem and KHolidays for
astronomical calculations like sunrise/sunset, moon phase, etc.
4) A geolocation api for KDE: Marble vs Plasma DataEngine vs Qt Mobility vs
???

Cheers!

John.