[Marble-devel] Adding placemarks to MarbleWidget

Tue Sep 1 07:40:06 CEST 2009

Hi, I am using MarbleWidget in my Qt application. In my application, i want
the widget to put in some placemarks on the map and draw some primitives (like
lines between placemarks). The user should be able to drag a placemark to a
new location and when  he does that i need a mechanism to be informed of the
new location.

What is the best way to achieve this? Looking at MarbleWidget API is not
obvious to me. There also is a MarbleGraphicsItem class that is probably the
way to go, but i see to obvious way to register my item with MarbleWidget so
that it is rendered and managed by it.

I have QGraphicsScene in mind and i am trying to draw a parallel with the
MarbleWidget API. QGraphicsScene has addItem(QGraphicsItem *) but MarbleWidget
has no equivalent addItem(MArbleGraphicsItem *) API.
--
Cheers!
Kishore