[Marble-devel] Eigen

Benoit Jacob jacob.benoit.1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 00:47:35 CET 2009

Hi Marble,

(please keep me in To: field as i'm not subscribed)

These days the kde 4.3 development starts. Meanwhile, we're going to
release Eigen 2.0 very soon, and from this point on we'll stick to API
stability except for parts that we call "experimental". So if any part
of our API needs to be reconsidered, it's extremely useful for us to
learn that now. After that we can add new API and modify
"experimental" API, and we'll make a 2.1 release for KDE 4.3.

So my questions are:
- do you have plans to use Eigen? I ask because you have e.g. a
Quaternion implementation... if our Quaternion is missing stuff you
need we sure can get it in.
- I don't know if Marble has more potential use cases for Eigen -- if
this is all, then i could understand that you think it's not worth
using eigen, although it's always good to have one class less to
maintain.
- if you have potential plans, any suggestions for the Eigen API?

Cheers,
Benoit