[Marble-devel] GSoC2009: Project: Satellite navigation

Bastian Holst bastianholst at gmx.de
Sat Feb 14 09:57:38 CET 2009

Hello,

I read the Marble Proposal for the Summer of Code project for implementing
Sattelite Navigation and I'm very interested in this topic.

I have mapped some pieces of my home village with a GPS-Logger, which is
actually not what we need here. Additionally I don't have a device here at the
moment. I also have experience with C++ and Qt. I know a bit of Java, but I
don't have much experience with it.
I think Satellite Navigation would be a great feature for Marble and the KDE
Desktop.

I'll take some time looking at this topic next week, to get an idea how what
has to be done for this project.
I study computer science at the university of Kiel, Germany [1] and I'm using
KDE since 2003.

[1] http://www.uni-kiel.de