[Marble-devel] Wikipedia Integration and Development in my SOC stuff

Torsten Rahn rahn at kde.org
Wed Sep 17 10:39:55 CEST 2008

Hi Shashank,

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 16:13:17 Shashank Singh wrote:
>                  sorry for being MIA for such a  long duration , i was on
> job hunt and now that  i have finally landed on a  job i am back to coding
> for marble :)

Great to hear from you again. Glad you got a job :-)

I also got to admit that after GSoC I had a lack of motivation a bit and also
had little time due to my day-time job. I'll try to get back to speed now.

> > 1.) Rename the current Wikipedia Tab into: "Place"
> > The "Place" (formerly: "Wikipedia") tab should remain as is.
>   ok i would try this :)

Ok.

> > Do you think that this sounds like a good idea?
> yeah i like the idea :) i would at once delve back into code :)

Ok.

> > An additional thing I'd like to see added would be the addition of
> > Wikitravel
> > to Marble. Ideally we maybe would be able to add this
> i was studying wikiravels , they dont have api or something so i think
> plain and simple html request :)
> i would implement it as plugin.

Good. Sounds fine to me.

Could you have a look at the panoramio plugin again first? I feel that the
logic behind displaying the panoramio items could deliver a much smoother and
predictable appearance (if you compare it to the panoramio support of let's
say Google Maps.