PHP code validation

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Feb 13 19:05:35 GMT 2024

On Dienstag, 13. Februar 2024 11:31:20 CET Marc Serra wrote:
> Thank's Kåre,
>
> I tested your idea and it works!
>
> I created a file with this three lines for each project:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> sshfs user at server.tld:/path/ ~/dev/path/
> kate ~/dev/path/
>
> Is this the best way to speed up the process of mount filesystem and open
> kate?
>
> When I logout or shutdown my laptop, all mounts are unmounted automatically.

Since you are asking for "the best way": The recommended way is definitely to
_not_ work directly on a remote machine, potentially even directly on the live
website. Develop (and test) locally, ideally using a VCS and then deploy
remotely eventually.

Another alternative, though I don't know about the current state of PHP 8.1
language support: Use KDevelop and the kdev-php plugin. That will work even
for SFTP projects (it used to in the past at least). It's still a really bad
idea though.

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de