Snap kate package fails to start in wayland session

Marek Byk minimarek at o2.pl
Sat Feb 3 00:00:22 GMT 2024

Hi,   I use kate from snap. Unfortunately, it cannot be run in a wayland session:   kate --version  qt.qpa.plugin: Could not find the Qt platform plugin "wayland" in ""   When I installed the qt5-wayland package and set QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins, kate started correctly in the wayland session. Of course, this is a temporary solution, for the purpose of verifying the problem.   It seems to me that in the snapcraft.yaml file in the  stage-packages  should be added qtwayland5 (reference:  forum.snapcraft.io https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/problem-launching-qt-snaps-in-wayland/7055 ).   Regards, Marek