Frameworks / Plasma/ Gear Release Schedule Plan

David Redondo kde at david-redondo.de
Wed Sep 13 08:07:24 BST 2023

Am Dienstag, 12. September 2023, 21:42:37 CEST schrieb christoph at cullmann.io:
> Hi,
>
> i prepared some merge request for the switch in the meta data:
>
> https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/repo-metadata/-/merge_requests/185
>
> A question about the CMake changes:
>
> Is there some preferred way to switch?
>
> I would just alter the defaults to
>
> set(QT_REQUIRED_VERSION "6.4.0")
> set(QT_MAJOR_VERSION "6")
> set(KF_MIN_VERSION "5.240.0")
> set(KF_MAJOR_VERSION "6")
>
> in the first step and start later to remove the version ifs.

For Gear the minimum versions are changed by the individual projects, last
time I looked there was also no consistent naming of these CMake variables,
not have a  'KF_MAJOR_VERSION' variable at all. (Actually I never seen a
KF_MAJOR_VERSION variable before, so maybe only Kate?).
For reference Frameworks right now requires at least Qt 6.5.
I think explicitely setting QT_MAJOR_VERSION to 6 is not needed, including ECM
with 5.240 will enable using Qt 6 install paths. (Of course it doesn't hurt to
be explicit)

> Greetings
> Christoph

David