Master moves to Qt 6 this Wednesday

christoph at cullmann.io christoph at cullmann.io
Mon Sep 11 12:58:18 BST 2023

Hi,

>> In most cases it goes away with a new full cache build.
>>
>> If worked here
>>
>> https://invent.kde.org/utilities/kate/-/commit/c8fad91ccd47b57c1c1039c496a6b
>> 99b5f5e3220
>>
>> And with
>>
>> https://invent.kde.org/utilities/kate/-/commit/4041ef2956fceb4335243ed680c27
>> 4d79082f66b
>>
>> Even the most trivial test crash.
>>
>> Naturally I can disable all tests, but then I will never see if that
>> recovers again.
>

> That is your problem.
>
> Right now you have any single person that proposes a MR against kate
> wondering
> how their change broke CI, when it didn't, that's not acceptable for a
> 4 week
> (and in your words, "infinite" since you don't know what's wrong) time
> frame.

I pinged now people to redo the cache.
At the moment not even that works as frameworks doesn't compile.

I don't think it is helpful to disable the CI, I keep an eye on that,
but I don't think I am responsible to takle all global CI breakages.

But I should have pinged people that stuff is globally broken, sorry
about that.