Build plugin & Projects

Kåre Särs kare.sars at mailbox.org
Thu Aug 17 19:08:46 BST 2023

Hi,

Some time ago I got an eye opener... A lot of people do not use sessions!!!???
The build plugin right now is close to worthless without sessions. That is why
I have been thinking about how to make it nicer to work with if you don't use
sessions. For that we need a mechanism to store any added/modified build/run
commands added in the GUI (without the sessions). My first idea is to generate
a .kateproject.build that would be read in the build-plugin and override the
.kateproject(.local) stuff. Do I get any objections to that?

The second thing that I have been thinking about is to read any CMakePresets
file and add the commands from there on top of the stuff in .kateproject....

Is there any interest from any other plugin to have the build commands and
thus a need for the project plugin to handle the file?

Best regards,
  Kåre