LSP Config

Mark Nauwelaerts mark.nauwelaerts at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 19:47:29 GMT 2020

On 04/01/20 17:27, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I altered the config + config page to now
>
> 1) Default to some user-local config file instead of none
> 2) Show the default config json document in the dialog to have some template
> for the people to read (and to better see which defaults we provide)
>
> Actually, I would like to make the user-local config file editable there, too.
>
> My question would be: Should I just make the content editable there and remove
> the ability to set an own path and always use the
> .config/kate/lspclient/settings.json (or whatever the OS uses there)?
>
> Greetings
> Christoph

I suppose flexibility is generally useful.  For example, if people have several
configurations around then being able to specify the configuration path can be
helpful.  It incidentally also (easily) shows the config file location, which
could then also be edited in any preferred way (if so considered more convenient).

Regards,
Mark