AVR support?

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 19:18:52 GMT 2020

Mark Raynsford <list+org.kde at io7m.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. dec. 12.,
Szo, 0:06):

> Hello!
>
> I'd like to use ktechlab to simulate SPI communication between two
> AVR microcontrollers using firmware I've written in C. I can simulate
> AVR microcontrollers with Simulide (which uses simavr underneath), but
> unfortunately it's limited to one microcontroller per circuit.
>
> Does ktechlab actually support AVR devices? I just built
> b54c94d4d394a840d5f5260d00c605ecf6a0141d from source and I only see
> references to PIC.
>
> --
> Mark Raynsford | https://www.io7m.com

Hi Mark,

in KTechLab only PIC microcontrollers can be simulated currently.

Adding support for different types of microcontrollers should be possible,
but it requires a lot of work.

If your C code is not very platform-dependent, you might be able to test
the high-level platform independent logic on 2 simulated PICs. Afterwards
you would just need to make sure that the platform-specific part of your
code works correctly on AVR.

Best regards,

 Zoltan