code in git master should be ready for release

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 13:19:33 GMT 2019

Hi,

I've pushed fixes to the git master branch (at KDE and on github), fixing
the last remaining issues around removing dependency on qt3support and
kde3support. The property editor should look good and work decently now.
Please test; if there are no issues I will make a release, probably by the
end of next week.

The highlight of this new release is that ktechlab does not depend on
qt3support or kde3support. As usability it should be at least as good as
the previous release. As version number I'm planning 0.40.1.

For the longer term, because there is no more dependency on qt3support, the
code should be relatively easy to port to qt5 / kf5; probably updating the
build-system alone should bring ktechlab to qt5 / kf5 (and using some
qt4support, kdelibs4support librabies, I assume).

Have fun,

 Zoltan