KTechLab on OSX

WADE MAXFIELD wade.maxfield at 4gwireline.com
Sat Oct 13 21:43:33 BST 2018

  I have some level of success now, new error.

 Here is how I got ktechlab to launch on MacOSX Sierra, October 2018.  If you are reading this much later your mileage may vary.

  I had macports installed.  I had to remove it. dbus is broken on sierra, even with latest updates.
   I installed homebrew.  It installed kde5 without kde4 stuff. I had to remove homebrew.

  I installed fink.  (finkproject.org)

  I installed the kde bundle (fink install bundle-kde4-mac)

  I also had to install
kdelibs4-mac-dev
automoc-mac
soprano-mac-dev

  I then modified build-simple.sh and run-simple.sh at the “readlink” area:

#SCRIPTDIR=$(dirname $(readlink -f “$0”))
readlinkf(){ perl -MCwd -e 'print Cwd::abs_path shift' "$1";}
SCRIPTDIR=$(dirname $(readlinkf "$0"))

I then had to include in my .bash_profile
PATH=$PATH:/sw/opt/kde4/mac/bin

I then ran build-simple.sh.

build-simple.sh copies into /Applications. (probably should copy also into inst-simple/bin)  That worked because I am an administrator.  It may fail on your mac if you are not.

I copied /Applications/KDE4/ktechlab.app to inst-simple/bin

I then modified run-simple.sh to launch the app differently (this is a mac)

open -a "$SCRIPTDIR/inst-simple/bin/ktechlab.app”

I got a Window!!!

  New problem (now stumped):

Click on Open:

Get Error-KTechLab dialog

“Could not start process. Cannot talk to klauncher.  The name org.kde.launcher was not provided by any .service file.”