Status and my plans

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 13:04:05 UTC 2017

 Hi,

with the recent fixes, I consider KTechLab's master branch good enough
for releasing. I've written a blog post about how to simulate programs
written for PIC microcontrollers and submitted it to planet KDE, too:

https://zoltanp.github.io/2017/09/ktechlab-pic-prog-sim.html

Below I'm writing about what I what are my plans for the project:

1. I'd like to make a release

Based on documentation at KDE and discussions in the past, I should
make automated builds up and running; then I think the best approach
is to ask how to proceed with the release.
I assume that an alpha version should be relatively simple to release.

Relevant links are:
https://community.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle
https://community.kde.org/ReleasingSoftware
https://phabricator.kde.org/T5067

As version number I propose 0.40.1, in order to mark KDE4/Qt4
compatibility. Version 0.4 is practically "taken" by the stalled
KDE4/KDevplatform effort.

Future version numbers could be:
0.40.2, 0.40.3, ... - next point releases for KDE4, with fixes
0.50.1, 0.50.1, ... - next point releases for KDE5 / Qt5

Later on it would be nice to get out of KDE playground, and then maybe
sync with KDE Applications' version numbers.

2. Remove Qt3Support dependency from the code.

3. Port towards KF5 (KDE Frameworks 5) / Qt5.

4. Add new features, as requested...

Any feedback is welcome.

Have fun,

 Zoltan