Preparing release announcement for version 0.40.0

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 20:34:47 UTC 2017

I'm responding below inline:

> Congratulations with the release! :) Quite a milestone you've passed here.
>

> Suggestions:
>

> Perhaps adding the links you've included in this email, if someone comes
> directly to this release post from a blog or other.

Good point, added the download link. Also copy-pasted to the end the
section for contact information from a previous blog-post.

> Grammar:
>
> KTechLab, the IDE for microcontrollers and electronics, has reached a new
> milestone: its latest release, 0.40.0, does not depend on KDE3 and Qt3, but
> on KDE4 and Qt4. This meeans that KTechLab can be compiled and ran run on
> current operating systems.
>

> Thanks, fixed.

> A bit off topic, but is there a particular reason you still use
> sourceforge for anything, and not just stick with github?
>

> Just for backward-compatibility in people's habits. At some point, before
github, sourceforge has been the primary host of ktechlab. Now, they still
have nice distribution mirroring system, so if someone wants to find
ktechlab, it should be easy for them.
The primary source distribution should be KDE, as they do not depend on any
any comany (as sourceforge and github does).