[Ktechlab-devel] Copying mailing list archives to KDE infrastructure?

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Wed Oct 26 15:49:59 UTC 2016

Moin!

On Mittwoch, 26. Oktober 2016 17:42:29 CEST Zoltan Padrah wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> as part of joining KDE, KTechLab should move its development mailing
> list hosted at KDE. Before switching to the new mailing list, I had
> the idea of copying the archives of the current mailing list to the
> new location. I've just checked on Sourceforge, and apparently I do
> not have permissions for downloading mailing list archives, as Jason
> is the sole admin there.
> I would like to ask your opinion about:
> 1. is it a good idea to copy the archives of the existing mailing-list to
> KDE ? 2. given the current permission situation on SF.net, does it worth
> investing effort into obtaining the archives?

I'd not put too much effort into moving the ML data over. If it's easy, let's
do so, but we should not waste much time on that.

I have a quite large archive of the list, myself and could export is as mbox.
So we can at least have all mails beginning from when I joined the list.

We might just try to contact Jason and ask him to provide us with the file. May
be, we get a response.

-----

If all this won't work out, I'd answer 1. with: no, it's not a good idea ;)

best regards
julian