[Ktechlab-devel] Pushed more fixes to github

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Mon May 9 19:37:37 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have pushed more commits to gihub (
https://github.com/ktechlab/ktechlab/tree/port-0.3.8-kde4-v1 ). It
fixes several bugs and annoying things, please find the list of fixes
and todo list at the bottom of this email.

As I see it, most of the todo items might be fixed, so please recheck
if the specific issues appear. To be fixed are various icons (many are
missing, probably renamed between KDE3 and KDE4), and the PIC
programming/debugging functionalities are still untested by me.

Have fun,

 Zoli

Fixes:

- fixed button for inserting DrawParts (text, arrow, rectangle, etc.)
in circuits and in flowcode
- fixed pressing cancel in the new.. dialog; now it does work
- fixed with a hard-coded limit: I think the 'scope just keeps filling
data points into RAM,
    because RAM usage climbs steadily until the virtual machine
crashes (same as the kde3 version)
    - would be useful to set a reasonable limit for the data points,
initially hardcoded, to be made configurable in the future
    - for now limit is hard-coded, the probe data flats-out when limit
is reached; memory usage does not increase to infinity

Todo:

- created subcircuits appear twice in the subcircuit list; investigation needed
- created subcircuits in some cases they cause crashes; investigation needed

- fix build on kubuntu 64 bit, for all combinations of installed/not
installed state of gpsim/glib

- (from Claus) There are some other gfx glitches, but that might be
because I run it in a virtual machine - didn't have them on the
previous builds though.
    - needs checking

- Gfx error on e.g. LED in that I can't connect a wire unless I rotate the part.
- some components get their connectors moved, thus (1) graphical
issues, (2) impossibility of connecting connectors results

- Som gfx errors that leaves gaps at connection points on components.
  (see last email with attached screen shot)

-'Scope works well, but doesn't clear 'lines' from other circuits when
they are closed. (Y-axis scale would be nice)

- components have no description
   - the context help exists; or something else is needed here?
   - missing for: VCVS, VCCS, CCVS, CCCS, Push-to-Make, Push-to-Break,
NPN, PNP, n-JFET, p-JFET, n-MOSFET, p-MOSFET,
        Inductor, Bar Graph Display

- crash on File -> Quit