[Ktechlab-devel] Steps for KTechLab to join KDE?

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 10:26:27 UTC 2016

> Yep, that's the process.
>
> Basically you find a sponsor that is already a member of the KDE
> community. Add your application to the wiki. Then your sponsor helps
> you get accounts for all those working on KTechLab and helps migrate
> website, mailing list, source code over. Once everything is moved and
> everyone has accounts etc. we move from "Incubating" to "Active" (just
> moving your wiki link from the Incubating projects section to the
> Active section). Feel free to cc me in any questions you may have
> also. If Aleix is your sponsor already, that's great! If you still
> need a sponsor let me know and I'll either find someone or do it
> myself.
>
> BR,
> Jeremy
>
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 1:44 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 9:33 PM, Zoltan Padrah <zoltan.padrah at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>  Hi Aleix,
>>>
>>> in the past you have sent us an email about the possibility of the
>>> KTechLab project joining KDE. Based on our internal discussions at
>>> KTechLab, we would like to join. What are the steps that we should
>>> take?
>>
>> Hi Zoltan, KTechLab'ers,
>> It's really cool to see this happening! :)
>>
>> The process is basically to follow the Incubation process. It's
>> documented here: https://community.kde.org/Incubator
>>
>> If you have any questions, I'll be happy to have an informal call to
>> get it started.
>>
>> Aleix
>>
>> PS: CC'ing Jeremy, who has worked in the incubator before, to make
>> sure I didn't forget anything

Thank you for the explanations, from both of you. Now the process it's
much clearer for me.

I have not discussed yet with anybody about being a project sponsor in
KDE. I guess this would be the next thing to do.

Meanwhile I'm reading the wiki pages on kde.org, to get familiar with
the way things are organized in KDE.

Best regards,

 Zoltan