[Ktechlab-devel] Latest update on github: adding components to circuits should work correctly

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 21:36:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've pushed another update to github, with a few fixes.

- It should fix the crashes on "too fast" component drag. I found the
cause of the crash being that ktechlab had been running multiple
nested qt event loops, and when a drag event has been started in an
"outside" event loop, and that drag event has been finished in an
"inside" event loop, then the "outside" event loop would get confused
and crash. The "critical" timing has been finishing a drag under
300ms. I'm expecting this crash to be fixed, but if somebody manages
to reproduce it, please let me know.
- Fixed the build on ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit, and hopefully for other 64
bit systems, too.

Known issues (partially re-editing Claus' previous post from this thread):

- on circuit document closing, ktechlab leaks memory, in order to avoid crashes

-The orientation icons are broken; the graphics are scrambled, but
reorienting components works.
-There are some other gfx glitches. These are caused by the Qt3
compatible code, which tries to paint on widgets outside of their
paintEvent(), and this behavior is not accepted anymore in Qt4 (and
Qt5) thus garbage appears on the screen. Also scrolling on the main
canvas produces garbage graphics. The fix is to move all painting code
inside the paint event, and if repainting is needed, then just send a
repaint event.

- the color-picker for LEDs (in toolbar and item editor) is really tiny.
- 'Scope works well, but doesn't clear 'lines' from other circuits
when they are closed. (Y-axis scale would be nice)
-The program uses 100% of cpu all the time.
-I think the 'scope just keeps filling data points into RAM, because
RAM usage climbs steadily until the virtual machine crashes (same as
the kde3 version)

Any feedback is welcome,

 Zoltan