[Ktechlab-devel] bug

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 07:47:13 UTC 2013

  Hi Alan,

On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 19:24:42 +0300, Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG at verizon.net>
wrote:

> Thanks, zoltan, for putting effort into this.
>
> I've attached a compile error. I tried to just cmake then make. First I
> tried multi-threaded make ( -j 6 ), this was from a single-threaded
> attempt.
>
> just tried a make clean and re-attempt, basically the same error...

The problem that you have run into is caused a the very new version on
KDevPlatform: a new abstract method has been added to
KDevelop::IProjectFileManager, which has not been implemented by KTechLab
until recently.

This problem is known and there has been a contributed fix available for
it:

https://github.com/ktechlab/ktechlab/pull/19

After discussion on IRC (#ktechlab on freenode.net) with Julian, I've
merged the proposed fix into the master branch of KTechLab. So this
problem should be fixed in master.

The fixing of the circuits-opened-as-text problem is tracked here:

https://github.com/ktechlab/ktechlab/pull/22
(mime types: add magic pattern to the circuit file type and fix the
circuit-opened-as-text problem)

After getting the code, you should try to merge both the master and the
fix-circuit-opening-v2 branches in one branch, for having both fixes in
the current codebase.

For building and running, I recommend the following commands; they
automate a few necessary tasks for making ktechlab work:

   sh simple-setup.sh
   sh simple-launch.sh

Best regards,

  Zoli