[Ktechlab-devel] Imported svn repository into git, available on github

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 19:20:29 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm sending another update on this thread, because a lot of time has passed
since my last email.

A preliminary agenda:
- status
   - kde4 port, based on kdevplatform
       - basically no changes; on some systems it is working, on some it is
not; see https://github.com/ktechlab/ktechlab/issues/10

   - conclusions about kdevplatform
      - should be discussed...

   - kde3 version status, code repository
        - available here : https://github.com/ktechlab/ktechlab-0.3 ; note
that there is a ktechlab-0.3.8 branch with some minor fixes/additions ; I'm
considering SF.net SVN deprecated and read-only

   - webpage and wiki: migration from sourceforge
        - webpage is now at: https://github.com/ktechlab/ktechlab/wiki
        - personally I really like the concept of git-backed wiki with the
possibility of offline editing; on SF.net, the wiki editing was a pain for
me because of the huge lag at page loading
       - any downside for using the github wiki?

- plans
  - minimal usable functionality
      - I've tried todefine it, see:
https://github.com/ktechlab/ktechlab/wiki/Project-Status

  - what to do to have something working
      - needs discussion

  - sourceforge project: upgrade to Allura
      - this is done; any problems found by anybody?

  - future development procedure
     - needs discussion

Best regards,

 Zoli