[Ktechlab-devel] upgrade project to Allura platform on sourceforge

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 17:23:58 UTC 2012

 Hi,

sourceforge is recommending to projects to upgrade their web interface
in sourceforge.net to the Allura platform.

At some point probably ktechlab will have to be upgraded; I'm
estimating that upgrading in 2-3 months is fine. For now I'm  sending
information about Allura and the upgrade, so we can have a discussion
on this topic.

Below I'm pasting links to information about SF.net Allura and the
text from the upgrade page.

https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/wiki/Features/

https://sourceforge.net/projects/allura/

Best regards,

 Zoltan

>From the upgrade page:

Upgrading your project to the Allura platform gives you access to some
great new features, including custom tracker fields, integrated wiki,
blog and code browsing tools, threaded discussions, and more! Here are
changes you can expect to see when you upgrade your project:

Will be upgraded
 At this time, we are able to update the following aspects of your project:
Meta-data (name, description, trove categories, etc)
Members and permissions
File releses, and download stats
Project News
Forums
Hosted Applications and Project Web
Virtual Host configuration and MySQL databases
Git, Subversion, Mercurial and CVS repositories
Mailing Lists
Tracker data
Project Donations

Will not be upgraded
 These items will no longer work after you have upgraded your project:
Bazaar repositories
Multiple Mercurial or Git repositories
SCM hooks
Trac will no longer integrate with SVN
Project Help Wanted
SCM, Forum, Ticket & Traffic statistics

Will work exactly the same
 These items will continue to function they way they currently do:
Project summary page
Files
Project Reviews

Note that the URLs used to access your code repositories will change,
and an email will be sent to all project developers with the new URLs
after the upgrade is complete.

Once you click Upgrade, the upgrade will be scheduled and will begin
shortly. Any changes made to your project while the upgrade is in
progress may not be reflected in the upgraded project.

If you have donations enabled, there will be a Donate link that will
allow donations. However, it will be a direct link to the PayPal
donation page, and individual donors will no longer be tracked or
displayed.

Prior to upgrading, you can obtain a copy of your project's data as an
XML file by clicking on the project name, selecting Project Admin ยป
Features, then selecting XML Export.