[Ktechlab-devel] News about the simulator since the last update

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sat May 7 22:15:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

2011/5/7 Slavko <slavino at slavino.sk>:
> Ahoj,
>
> Dňa Sat, 7 May 2011 21:37:33 +0200 Zoltan Padrah
> <zoltan.padrah at gmail.com> napísal:
>
>>  Hello,
>>
>> since the last update on the components, the following improvements
>> have been made:
>
> thanks for report.
>
> Please, can you please write small report for us, which are not
> developers, too? :-)
>
> In last days the KTechlab was removed from debian (testing), and then it
> will be removed from all distros, which are debian based.

This is not a good news. I guess we will have to get in contact with
the maintainers, and see what needs to be done.

> Is Ktechlab installable and how is usable? Is here some (alfa|beta) release?

- gui: in master git branch; for Julian it works, I've ran into
strange installation problems. It supposed to have the drawing and
routing part working. (here comes some kdevplatform plugin system
bashing)

- simulator: it's in the minimal_simulator branch, mostly I'm working
on it. The simulator core seems to be working, I'm porting the
components and writing test cases for them. Depending in the effort i
can allocate to it, in a few months it should be completely
functional.

- we should see how we can integrate the simulator with the Caneda
project; this way a simple, qt based gui could be available

Todo:

- merge the 2 branches; we should have the flexibility for usage with
2 user interfaces

- after we have the source code in 1 place, start integrating the
components from the simulator with the gui parts

- meanwhile porting more and more components can be done

These are the next tasks to do. More on the list are the flowcode,
microbe, and so on.

For now, the gui can be tested, but it has some installation issues.
The simulator also has some test-cases, which will print out
(hopefully) everything OK.

An alpha should be released when a few components can be tested with the gui.

> How long will be porting - in weeks, in moths or in years? Is here some
> plan?

I'd say it highly depends on the time we can invest in it. I'd like to
have the first testable version out in 3 months, then progressively
reach feature parity with 0.3.7.