[Ktechlab-devel] translatable strings in simulator code

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Tue Nov 23 20:52:54 UTC 2010

Am Dienstag, 23. November 2010, 11:54:14 schrieb Zoltan Padrah:
> 2010/11/22 Julian Bäume <julian at svg4all.de>:
*** snip ***
> > What do you think? Should we go this way? Then I’ll start implementing
> > this config file and you can add new properties on demand. I’ll also
> > provide the class that does the mapping from the "property-key" to the
> > translated string from this config file.
> >
> > btw. in my master branch, there is first code to provide a properties
> > editor for components. Didn’t took long to write that. Still needs some
> > love, but I can add more features to it, when the simulator gets ready.
> > For now, I’m working on better interaction when editing circuit-files.
>
> If it knows about the properties of the component (gets them from the
> currently selected class), then it's perfect. Also note that we need a
> way to load/save the value of the properties in circuit files,
> hopefully without duplicating definitions between the simulator and
> the GUI.

That’s what I did at the moment. It shows the values, that are loaded from the
circuit files. For ComponentItems I did something similar and i already
implemented writing the data into circuit files. I will implement that for
properties during the next days. I will also implement the class, that maps
the properties to translatable strings. I will come up with something to
exchange values between Component and ComponentItem through the model. This
needs to be done bi-directional. But only some values need to be stored in a
persistant way (meaning the values will be stored on disk in the circuit
file). Well, I think I have an idea about what needs to be done and I will
implement it.

bye then
julian