[Ktechlab-devel] Cleaning up the simulator

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Sun Mar 28 09:29:10 UTC 2010

hi,

On Saturday 27 March 2010 22:06:52 Zoltan Padrah wrote:
> 2010/3/26 Julian Bäume <julian at svg4all.de>
>
> > >   My question is how should be the Simulator class implemented? It's
> > >   good
> > >
> > > enough a singleton as it was? The problem becomes tricky when we
> > > consider the plugin structure... Or should we use come class from
> > > ktechlatform?
> >
> > For now, I would like to change the code as little, as possible. So I'd
> > prefer
> > using a singleton, again.
>
> Then the simulator class will have to be loaded at application launch, or
> strange things will happen.
The simulator will be loaded by a new class called SimulatorPlugin. This is
the class sub-classing KDevelop::IPlugin. This can also be responsible for
destroying the simulator along with itself being unloaded. The plugin will be
loaded at application startup (when it has been loaded before) or right before
a circuit file is opened. In other words: KDevPlatform will be responsible for
the fact, that we have a simulator instance before a circuit file is
completely loaded.

> > Another thing I want to discuss is removing all GPSimProcessor calls and
> > references from the simulator. I prepared a patch, that does this and
> > without
> > this, we won't have any PIC support in the simulator, but at least it
> > compiles
> > for me, now ;) (it doesn't link, because I haven't finished the other
> > classes
> > in that directory, yet.. ) Is it okay to temporarily remove PIC support
> > and bring that feature back later?
>
> I'd recommend to place the PIC support in a separate plugin. It also
> introduces an external dependency (gpsim). For now just exclude building
> that plugin.
okay, that's what I had in mind..

bye then
julian