[Ktechlab-devel] kde4 port: CircuitModel instantiation from tests

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 11:15:30 UTC 2010

   Hi,

  I've looked more closely to the source code of kde4-port, and observed a
strange thing: CircuitModel needs an instance of Kdevelop::Core, and
internally has a pointer to a Circuit plugin object. In my opinion this
can cause problems for test case writing, because then running tests
supposes a working copy of ktechlab, and maybe more.

  Is that really necessary? In my opinion a circuit model shouldn't know
about a kdevplatform plugin. Maybe the code can be reworked in order to
have a relatively easy to use CircuitModel class.

  In very long term I'd like to have a "light weight" version ktechlab,
with a more simplistic GUI, which would depend only on QT. That could come
useful for testing the core functionality, and it would be cross-platform.
This is yet another reason why I'd prefer a layer of abstraction
independent from KDE.

  Also there are some files where multiple classes defined in them, for
example CircuitDocument and CircuitDocumentPrivate,  KTL*Factory. This
shouldn't be a problem by itself, as those are internal classes, but the
order they appear in the file might be confusing. Maybe make them inner
classes?

  Yet another note: the predefined GNU GPL headers are not completed
everywhere in the source files; it would look better if that would be done.

  What is your opinion?

   Zoltan