[Ktechlab-devel] some cmake magic

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 13:38:47 UTC 2010

2010/7/18 Julian Bäume <julian at svg4all.de>

> hi,
> I just pushed some cmake code into a cmake_magic branch. Can you test it
> and
> tell me, if it still compiles for you and you are able to load our plugins?
> It
> works okay for me.

Tested with GUI tools (see tutorial on wiki:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ktechlab/index.php?title=Coding_with_KDevelop

) and it works well. It generated the .desktop files from .desktop.in files,
and i was able to run unit tests and also open circuit documents.

I did a little trick to find out the plugin version. If this works, I will
> propose this solution to the KDevelop people and ask them to export a cmake
> variable in their FindKDevPlatform.cmake script.
>
> Since this plugin versions purpose is to force a recompilation of the
> module
> before it can be loaded, this solution should work fine. If the API has
> been
> changed, it won't compile and has to be fixed to apply the new API. If
> nothing
> important has changed for the plugin, it should compile fine and the
> desktop
> file will be updated regarding the installed kdevplatform version.
>
> I will ask on the kdevelop ML later, if this could make any problems (along
> with the proposal to integrate these changes) and if this works okay for
> both
> of us, we should use it. This should make life with different versions more
> easy for us developers. We only have to make sure, our code compiles with
> all
> stable releases of kdevplatform that we support. This is some testing-work
> todo, but we would have done that, anyway.
>
> There is one open issue, I want to fix, before merging this into kde4-port
> branch. For now, we need 2 lines of cmake code to generate and install the
> desktop file for a plugin. I want to write a macro that takes the desktop
> filename as a parameter and creates these 2 lines. I thought about
> something
> like "ktl_install_desktop( ktlproject.desktop)" which will then expand to
> configure_file(....) install(....) commands.

Looks good ;)

> bye then
> julian

Zoltan