[Ktechlab-devel] Loading all the component and model plugins

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 07:47:57 UTC 2010

    Hello,

The problem that should be discussed is related to the plugin-loading
mechanism of kdevplatform: the plugins are loaded and unloaded
automatically.
 We need all circuit/component/... plugins to be loaded. In order to achieve
this, I'd like to define an interface that will be implemented by the needed
plugins, and at startup ktechlab should ask for all the plugins implementing
that interface (and keep a list of them?).

 In my view, the plugins should only register factories; themself shouldn't
implement any other functionalities. For example one plugin could register
factories for a transistor and for a model for the transistor.

Notes / other ideas ?

     Zoltan