[Ktechlab-devel] US Export control and KTechLab

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 13:53:19 UTC 2010

  Hello,

 Recently a mail has been sent by the sourceforge administrators informing
project admins that because the company behind sourceforge is located in the
USA, export controls apply to all the software hosted in sourceforge. This
means that people from Sudan, North Korea, Syria, Iran and Cuba cannot
download specific types of software. As I understood (but FIXME), only the
export of cryptographic software is restricted. By default, sourceforge has
enabled export control for all the projects, but it can be disabled by the
project administrators.

 I'd like to ask opinions about letting this control in its place or set it
off, as ktechlab is not subject of such restrictions.

 Another email with different topic will follow soon on the list.

   Zoltan