[Ktechlab-devel] Project components dependencies

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Thu Jan 21 03:15:43 UTC 2010

On Thursday 21 January 2010 02:42:21 Julian Bäume wrote:
> On Thursday 21 January 2010 01:30:30 P Zoltan wrote:
> >   I've started writing a testbench for the math classes in ktechlab [1].
> You should do all that
> on a local copy of the kde4-port branch in my repository. I can help
> creating cmake code to automatically run the tests. After finishing the
> tests, or during writing them.. or whenever, the math-classes should be
> ported to use KDE4/Qt4 classes.
Well, I couldn't keep my hands of it and just pushed some guiding code into
the kde4-port branch. I have a local branch named kde4-unittests, and merged
some changes into kde4-port branch to provide a starting point for the tests.
Just have a look into the tests directory. Since src/math/* doesn't depend on
Qt nor KDE, there was nearly no need to port anything. I needed to export some
symbols, so some changes were needed, but these are minor ones (see commit
messages). This was necessary to link against libktlmath.so from the test
program.

I enabled the build of tests, so the tests should be build with the project.
Run "make test" to run the tests. (For now, there is only one test) You can
run single tests by manually running the *.shell files in the build directory.
(see the tests/math subdir). You need to run the .shell files to make sure the
shared libraries from the build directory are used instead of any installed
ones.

Well, I should go to bed, now ;)

bye then
julian