[Ktechlab-devel] Thinking like a Real Programmer (tm).

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Thu Jan 7 20:57:55 UTC 2010

P Zoltan wrote:
>>>   Someone linked a document from QUCS, describing the models used by
>>> them
>>> in simulation. That might be useful.
>> Yeah, I've been using that. It does have it's limitations though. I
>> think the most powerful approach is to factor everything down to it's
>> most atomic units and then re-compose them in a verifiable whole.

>   The Wire, Pin, Model are atomic for simulation. Or what are you referring
> to?

Look at any component and ask whether it is composed of other things. If
 it is, implement those other things and then compose it that way. For
example in the QUCS document, look at the models for transistors and
stuff... There are a number of elements in addition to the gain. Instead
of writing all those equations in a lump, you create instances of each
of the component parts and compose them. -- there could be numerical
issues with that approach but it's definitely the best way to control
complexity here and make sure that bug fixes to the elements are
immediately applied to all components that contain that element.

>   Also you should check out julian's git repository, and see there how the
> things actually work.

I just finished becoming barely proficient at SVN, so NO. =( Maybe if
someone has a tarball, I'll grab it and check it into SVN... =P

The problem with the documentation to kdevplatform is that it doesn't
have an overview of what it's actually does, and who should use it, --
hey wait! all the links from the page you linked to are DEAD!!! =(((

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.