[Ktechlab-devel] Merge the matrix tested code?

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 22:55:38 UTC 2010

2010/2/23 Julian Bäume <julian at svg4all.de>

> On Saturday 20 February 2010 20:49:11 P Zoltan wrote:
> >   The next thing i wanted to do is to merge the testing code in the kde4
> > port tree. I have to learn more abot git to know how to do it; if anyone
> > wants to do this, I'd happily copy the merged tree, and work on that.
> done that. I also removed the Eigen sources and added everything to the
> CMakeLists.txt that is necessary to find the eigen headers. This was a
> little
> more git work, than just merging, since I also did a rebase, so the Eigen
> sources even don't show up in the history.

  Those junk-related commits could be also deleted (by mistake i've
comitted the build binaries in the repository, then deleted it).

  Here is a problem: if cmake can't find eigen2, it still tries to build
the tests, and fails. So a minor issue will turn to a build faliure. The
tests should be only built when eigen2 is found.

> I also moved around your files a bit. You can find your test in tests/math.
> For now, there seems to be no output (at least for me), I'm not sure, what
> has
> to be done to get it back.

  Here is a useful blog entry on this:

http://ktutorial.wordpress.com/2009/03/18/unit-testing-a-kde-4-library/

  So in the build directory, you need to run "ctest" to run the tests, and
"ctest -V" or "ctest -VV" to see all the output. This verbose mode should
be somehow integrated in the cmake files.

> To run the test, build the sources (run cmake and
> make) and then run "make test". If you don't have latest KDevPlatform
> beta8,
> you need to revert the commit I mentioned in one of my last mails or merge
> the
> _prebeta8 branch. If you are not sure, just try to compile, cmake will
> complain, if KDevPlatform is to old.
>
> Another thing, I want to mention is a blog post of one of the kdevelop
> hackers
> about unittests for kdevelop plugins.
>
> http://apaku.wordpress.com/2010/02/17/writing-unittests-for-kdevelop-plugins/
>
> This should help us implementing tests like the project management stuff, I
> started to port to KDevPlatform interfaces.

bye then